Laundry Day

I can feel the vibrations of the washing machine trembling in my chair and in the rattle of the loose door to my office. Today is laundry day. How exciting is that. I'm grateful that I have a washer and dryer in my house, that I don't have to trek to a laundromat lugging baskets and bags of dirty clothes and towels. I can sit here and type away while my washer and dryer do all the work. Easy living, that's for sure, until....until I try to fix my toilet. The tank innards need to be replaced. I have the appartus and instructions but, man, it sounds like I'm gonna need an engineering degree to complete this job. For example, "If there are no mounting ears on base of overflow pipe, install Adapter Ring." Huh? There are ears on an overflow pipe? Does it hear everything that goes on in the bathroom? I guess I should be grateful that it doesn't have eyes. And the Adapter Ring? It sounds like I might need Gandalf and Frodo Baggins to help me. This might be a job for real-life (expensive) plumber.

Well, at least I can finish my laundry by myself. Time to go. The washer has stopped shaking my house (for now).

Comments

Popular Posts